Veritas Advanced eDiscovery User Guide
- About Veritas Advanced eDiscovery
- Getting started with Advanced eDiscovery
- Advanced eDiscovery roles
- Case management
- Reviewing and working with emails in eDiscovery
- Email export
- Collaborative reports
- Advanced eDiscovery alerts
- Email Continuity
- Methods for searching cases and accounts
- Boolean operator searches
- Methods for searching tables and reports
- Advanced eDiscovery Frequently Asked Questions
- Best practices, limitations, and known issues
- Advanced eDiscovery updates in previous releases
Creating a label
Discovery Administrators can use the default labels or create customized labels to suit your company's processes and requirements. Labels are applied to emails typically to mark them as exempt from the review process. The default labels are: Spam, Privileged, and Personal.
To create a new label
- On the Investigation tab, in the left navigation pane, select Labels.
- Click Add.
- Specify the following details:
Specify a unique name for the label.
Optionally enter a description for the label.
Displays number of emails to which this tag is applied. If this tag is not applied, the number of emails shown as zero.
Click View Emails to view emails with the corresponding label.
Select the Active check box for the label if you want to display this label while reviewers assign labels to emails. Clear the check box for any labels that you want to hide.
- Click Save Label.