Veritas Advanced eDiscovery User Guide
- About Veritas Advanced eDiscovery
- Getting started with Advanced eDiscovery
- About the Advanced eDiscovery user interface
- Advanced eDiscovery roles
- Managing investigations
- About Targeted Collections
- About Searches in investigation
- Working with searched emails
- Working with searched collaboration messages
- Working with searched files
- Working with Advanced ECA searches
- Applying tags to the Advanced ECA search items
- Applying labels to the Advanced ECA search items
- Exporting the Advanced ECA search items
- Exporting an Advanced ECA search summary report
- About Mail Reassignment
- About labels
- About legal holds
- About Tags
- Managing cases
- About searches in eDiscovery
- Managing reviews
- Reviewing emails
- Reviewing collaboration messages
- Reviewing files
- Annotating and redacting content in native viewer
- Managing exports
- Collaborative reports
- Advanced eDiscovery alerts
- Email Continuity
- Methods for searching cases and accounts
- Boolean operator searches
- Methods for searching tables and reports
- Advanced eDiscovery Frequently Asked Questions
- Best practices, limitations, and known issues
- Advanced eDiscovery updates in previous releases
Applying labels to emails
To help organize your work you can apply labels to the emails. Labels are applied to emails typically to mark them as exempt from the review process.
To apply a label to emails
- On the Investigations tab, create a new search or select the searches from the On-going searches or Standard searches node.
- Perform either an Advanced Search or a Query Search to search for the emails.
The application displays result as shown in the following sample image.
- On the Emails tab, select the check box for one or more emails to which you want to apply labels.
- On the action menu, click Label.
- In the Add/Remove Labels dialog box, select the labels you want to apply to the emails.
You can clear the labels if these are not required anymore. In case you have selected multiple emails, the Add/Remove Labels dialog box shows applied level status as follows:
The check box that is not selected yet means this label is not at all applied to the selected emails.
The check box with the dash mark means the label is applied to some of the selected emails, but not applied to all the selected emails.
The check box with the tick mark means the label is applied to all the selected emails.
- Select the required labels, and click Apply Changes.
After you apply labels to the emails, these labeled emails are available under the respective labels under the Labels node.
- To ensure if the label is applied to the email, select the email to view its details in the right pane, and expand Labels.
You can click any label in the Labels popup to navigate to the respective label under the Labels node. See the sample image below