Veritas Advanced eDiscovery User Guide
- About Veritas Advanced eDiscovery
- Getting started with Advanced eDiscovery
- About the Advanced eDiscovery user interface
- Advanced eDiscovery roles
- Managing investigations
- About Targeted Collections
- About Searches in investigation
- Working with searched emails
- Working with searched collaboration messages
- Working with searched files
- Working with Advanced ECA searches
- Applying tags to the Advanced ECA search items
- Applying labels to the Advanced ECA search items
- Exporting the Advanced ECA search items
- Exporting an Advanced ECA search summary report
- About Mail Reassignment
- About labels
- About legal holds
- About Tags
- Managing cases
- About searches in eDiscovery
- Managing reviews
- Reviewing emails
- Reviewing collaboration messages
- Reviewing files
- Annotating and redacting content in native viewer
- Managing exports
- Collaborative reports
- Advanced eDiscovery alerts
- Email Continuity
- Methods for searching cases and accounts
- Boolean operator searches
- Methods for searching tables and reports
- Advanced eDiscovery Frequently Asked Questions
- Best practices, limitations, and known issues
- Advanced eDiscovery updates in previous releases
Applying tags and legal hold to emails
To apply tags and legal hold to emails
- On the Investigations tab, navigate to any of the following locations, as required:
Managed Accounts > New Search.
Managed Accounts > On-going Searches.
Managed Accounts > Standard Searches.
- Create a new search or select the existing search in which you want to tag the items.
The application displays the searched items in the right pane.
- Set the filter options and click Apply to view the filtered items.
- In the right pane, on the Emails tab, select one or more emails to which you want to apply tags.
Before you apply tags to the items, you can view the previously applied tags of the items in the preview pane. However, you need to select only one item at a time to view the tags. In the following sample image, you can see the previously applied tags and retention tags to the email in the Emails tab.
- On the action menu, click Tag, and do any of the following as required.
To tag all the items in the search, click Tag all emails.
To tag all the items in the current page, click Tag current page.
To tag only the selected items, click Tag selected emails.
- In the Add Tag dialog box, do the following:
Enter a new unique tag name.
Provide a comment or a description for the tag name.
Select this check box if you want to apply the legal hold on the emails.
Select retention Tag
Instead of applying a new tag, you can apply the retention tags that are created in Enterprise Vault.cloud. To access and apply those retention tags, select this option, and choose the tags you want to apply.
After you select this option, the application disables the Tag Name field.
- Click Tag.
After you apply tags to the emails, these tagged emails are available under the respective tags under the Tags node.