Veritas Advanced eDiscovery User Guide
- About Veritas Advanced eDiscovery
- Getting started with Advanced eDiscovery
- About the Advanced eDiscovery user interface
- Advanced eDiscovery roles
- Managing investigations
- About Targeted Collections
- About Searches in investigation
- Working with searched emails
- Working with searched collaboration messages
- Working with searched files
- Working with Advanced ECA searches
- Applying tags to the Advanced ECA search items
- Applying labels to the Advanced ECA search items
- Exporting the Advanced ECA search items
- Exporting an Advanced ECA search summary report
- About Mail Reassignment
- About labels
- About legal holds
- About Tags
- Managing cases
- About searches in eDiscovery
- Managing reviews
- Reviewing emails
- Reviewing collaboration messages
- Reviewing files
- Annotating and redacting content in native viewer
- Managing exports
- Collaborative reports
- Advanced eDiscovery alerts
- Email Continuity
- Methods for searching cases and accounts
- Boolean operator searches
- Methods for searching tables and reports
- Advanced eDiscovery Frequently Asked Questions
- Best practices, limitations, and known issues
- Advanced eDiscovery updates in previous releases
Applying tags to collaboration messages
To apply tags to the collaboration messages during case review
- From the eDiscovery tab, select the Cases node to display the cases list in the main pane.
- Select the required case from the cases list.
Under the Cases node in the left pane a case_name node appears for the selected case.
- Click the case_name > Research Sets or Review Sets.
- Select the required search under the Research Sets or the Review Sets node.
- In the right pane, on the Collaboration tab, select the collaboration messages to which you want to apply tags.
Before you apply tags to the items, you can view the previously applied tags and classification tags of the message in the preview pane. In the following sample image, you can see the previously applied tags and classification tags of the collaboration messages when you hover over the icons.
- On the action menu, click Tag, and do any of the following as required.
To tag all the items in the search, click Tag all messages.
To tag only the selected items, click Tag selected messages.
- In the Add Tag dialog box, do the following:
Enter a new unique tag name.
Provide a comment or a description for the tag name.
Select this check box if you want to apply the legal hold on the emails.
Select retention Tag
Instead of applying a new tag, you can apply the retention tags that are created in Enterprise Vault.cloud. To access and apply those retention tags, select this option, and choose the tags you want to apply.
After you select this option, the application disables the Tag Name field.
- Click Tag.
After you apply tags to the emails, these tagged emails are available under the respective tags under the Tags node.