Veritas Advanced Supervision User Guide
- Introducing Advanced Supervision
- Getting started
- Working with dashboard widgets
- Managing departments
- Managing department users
- Managing department searches
- Managing department-specific hotword sets
- Managing department-specific trash rules
- Managing department-specific allowlist rules
- Viewing employees associated with departments
- Managing application-level users, roles, and permissions
- Managing application-specific hotword sets
- Managing application-specific trash rules
- Managing application-specific allowlist rules
- Managing data requests
- Managing search schedules
- Managing export operations
- Managing reviews
- Working with reports
- Managing Audit Settings
- Working with Audit viewer
Setting up recurring search schedules
You can set up a new recurring search schedule to run a search at a specific time. This is different from a one-time search schedule.
You must have the Manage Schedules permission to set up new search schedules. By default, users that have the App Rule Admin role have this permission. Before you set time for search schedule, ensure that scheduled searches do not run at the same time as system backups.
To set up a new recurring search schedule
- In the left navigation pane, click Configuration.
- Click Search Schedules.
- Click New Schedule.
The New Schedule dialog box appears.
- In the Name and Description fields, type a unique name and an optional description for the schedule respectively.
The search schedule name can contain up to 50 characters. The description can contain up to 250 characters.
- Select the Enable check box so that the schedule is available for selection when you define the criteria for a new search.
- Select a schedule type option as Recurring.
- Under the Recurring Schedule section, do the following:
Select Daily to configure daily recurring schedule, and then specify the schedule start date and the repeat frequency.
Select Weekly to configure weekly recurring schedule, and then specify the schedule start date and the repeat frequency.
Select Monthly to configure monthly recurring schedule, and then specify the schedule start date and the repeat frequency.
- Under the Daily frequency section, do any of the following:
Select the Occurs once at option, and then specify the time.
Select the Occurs every option, and then specify frequency of schedule that runs once a day or several times a day within a given period.
- Under the End date section, specify the schedule end date.
- Under the Summary section, verify the schedule summary.
- Click Save to save the schedule, or click Cancel to abort the dialog box.