Advanced Supervision User Guide
- Introducing Veritas Advanced Supervision
- Getting started
- Working with dashboard widgets
- Managing departments
- Managing department users
- Managing department searches
- Managing department-specific hotword sets
- Managing department-specific trash rules
- Managing department-specific whitelist rules
- Viewing employees associated with departments
- Managing application-level users, roles, and permissions
- Managing application-specific hotword sets
- Managing application-specific trash rules
- Managing application-specific whitelist rules
- Managing data requests
- Managing search schedules
- Managing export operations
- Managing reviews
- Working with reports
Editing user roles
You can change the permissions that are associated with any Advanced Supervision role. If none of the predefined roles provide the exact set of permissions you want to assign to users, you can custom create new roles. You can rename them and change their descriptions. However, you cannot rename any predefined role.
You must have the Manage Roles and the Grant Users Access permissions to create roles. By default, users that have the App User Admin role have this permission.
To edit a new user role
- In the left navigation pane, click Application.
- In the Roles tab, select a role to which you want to add or remove permissions, and then click Edit Role.
The Edit Role dialog box appears.
- In the Name and Description fields, type a unique name and an optional description for the role respectively.
The role name can contain up to 50 characters. The description can contain up to 250 characters.
- In the Scope field, do any of the following:
To allow the department-level permissions, select the Department option.
To allow the application-level permissions, select the Application option.
- Under the Permission section, choose the required associated permissions effective at the department level.
- Click Save.
- Restart the application to make these changes effective.