Advanced Supervision User Guide
- Introducing Veritas Advanced Supervision
- Getting started
- Working with dashboard widgets
- Managing departments
- Managing department users
- Managing department searches
- Managing department-specific hotwords sets
- Managing department-specific trash rules
- Managing department-specific whitelist rules
- Viewing employees associated with departments
- Managing application-level users, roles, and permissions
- Managing application-specific hotwords sets
- Managing application-specific trash rules
- Managing application-specific whitelist rules
- Managing search schedules
- Managing export operations
- Managing reviews
- Working with reports
Assigning roles to users
You can use the Role Assignment tab to view associated roles of users, assign new roles to the users, and remove unneeded roles of the existing users. The User and Groups pane displays a list of available users. When you select a user from this list, the Assigned Role section shows a list of roles assigned to the selected user. You can assign one or multiple roles to a user.
You must have the Manage Roles and the Grant Users Access permissions to create roles. By default, users that have the App User Admin role have this permission.
To assign a role to a user
- In the left navigation pane, click Application.
- Navigate to the Role Assignment tab.
- In the Users and Groups pane, Search for and select a user to which you want to assign roles.
If a user is unavailable in the list, add a new user. To add a new user, click Add User. Select the required user from the Add User dialog box, and click Save.
- In the Assigned Roles pane, Search for and select one or multiple roles you want to assign.
If a role is unavailable in the list, add a new user role.
- Click Save.