Veritas Advanced Supervision User Guide
- Introducing Advanced Supervision
- Getting started
- Working with dashboard widgets
- Managing departments
- Managing department users
- Managing department searches
- Managing department-specific hotword sets
- Managing department-specific trash rules
- Managing department-specific allowlist rules
- Viewing employees associated with departments
- Managing application-level users, roles, and permissions
- Managing application-specific hotword sets
- Managing application-specific trash rules
- Managing application-specific allowlist rules
- Managing data requests
- Managing search schedules
- Managing export operations
- Managing reviews
- Working with reports
- Managing Audit Settings
- Working with Audit viewer
Managing exception employees
The messages of certain employees such as senior managers and executives can be kept separate and reviewed by specially-assigned reviewers. Any employees falling into this category are called exception employees in Advanced Supervision.
You must have Manage Exceptions permission in the department to make an employee an exception. By default, users with the role of Compliance Supervisor, Rule Admin, or User Admin have this permission.
This role allows you to search the items of exception employees to whom you are assigned. You can also monitor, review, hold review, question, escalate, appraise, and comment on the items, export them, and generate and view reports. This role also lets you create searches within the department and manage department hotwords. You can also configure the monitoring policy that is assigned to employees and generate and view reports. In addition, you can assign exception reviewers to specific employees.
Using the configuration option, Prevent self-review in the Compliance Accelerator client, administrators can prevent users who have a department reviewer role but whom they have also designated as exception employees from reviewing the items they have sent or received.