Veritas Advanced Supervision User Guide
- Introducing Advanced Supervision
- Getting started
- Working with dashboard widgets
- Managing departments
- Managing department users
- Managing department searches
- Managing department-specific hotword sets
- Managing department-specific trash rules
- Managing department-specific allowlist rules
- Viewing employees associated with departments
- Managing application-level users, roles, and permissions
- Managing application-specific hotword sets
- Managing application-specific trash rules
- Managing application-specific allowlist rules
- Managing data requests
- Managing search schedules
- Managing export operations
- Managing reviews
- Working with reports
- Managing Audit Settings
- Working with Audit viewer
Editing monitoring policies
You can define the percentage of items that Advanced Supervision should capture for a monitored employee. You must have the Assign % Review Requirement permission to edit the monitoring policy for an employee. By default, users that have the Rule Admin role have this permission.
By default, employee level sampling is enabled. So, you can only edit the monitoring policies at employee level. If you want to edit monitoring policies at department level, please contact Veritas Technical Support.
When the department level sampling is enabled, the option to edit monitoring policies is disabled. In this case, Advanced Supervision honors the monitoring percentage of the department mentioned on the Department tab for sampling and not the employees monitoring percentage mentioned on the Monitored Employee tab.
To edit monitoring policies at employee level
- In the left navigation pane, click Departments.
- Search for and select the department you want to edit.
Advanced Supervision lists all departments. You can use the filtering options to search the required department. Options include filtering by department name, exception employees, and reviewers associated with the department.
- Click the Monitored Employees tab.
A list of all monitored employees appears. If the employee level sampling is enabled, the option to edit monitoring policies is enabled.
- Click the edit icon for the employee whose monitoring policies you want to edit.
- Under Review requirement for, select one of the following option:
Select All policies and specify the percentage of items to set the same monitoring policy for all types of items. For example, set this option to 5 to require that 5% of all types of items are captured and reviewed.
Select Per policy and specify different monitoring policies for different types of items.
For some types of items, such as Exchange and Domino, you can also set percentages on the items that travel in a particular direction:
Internal. Selects the items where the author and all recipients are internal to your organization.
Inbound. Selects the items where the author is external to your organization and at least one recipient is internal.
Outbound. Selects the items where the author is internal to your organization and at least one recipient is external.
- Click Save.