Veritas Advanced Supervision User Guide
- Introducing Advanced Supervision
- Getting started
- Working with dashboard widgets
- Managing departments
- Managing department users
- Managing department searches
- Managing department-specific hotword sets
- Managing department-specific trash rules
- Managing department-specific whitelist rules
- Viewing employees associated with departments
- Managing application-level users, roles, and permissions
- Managing application-specific hotword sets
- Managing application-specific trash rules
- Managing application-specific whitelist rules
- Managing data requests
- Managing search schedules
- Managing export operations
- Managing reviews
- Working with reports
Creating application-specific whitelist rules
To create an application-specific whitelist rule
- In the left navigation pane, click Application.
- Navigate to the Whitelist tab, and click New.
The Add to whitelist dialog box appears.
- In the Enter whitelist word or phrase field, type a word or phrase.
The whitelist rule can contain up to 1024 characters, but a word should not be longer than 50 characters. After adding words or phrases to the lexicon, you cannot edit or delete it. However, you can deactivate the rule to exclude it from active filtering.
- To create a whitelist rule, select any or all of the following options:
Select the Inbound check box to apply this whitelist rule to all inbound items.
Select the Outbound check box to apply this whitelist rule to all outbound items.
Select the IM check box to apply this whitelist rule to all instant messages.
Clear the respective check boxes if you do not want to apply rule to Inbound, Outbound, or Instant Messages.
- Select the Active check box to activate the rule.
- Click OK.