Advanced Supervision User Guide
- Introducing Veritas Advanced Supervision
- Getting started
- Working with dashboard widgets
- Managing departments
- Managing department users
- Managing department searches
- Managing department-specific hotwords sets
- Managing department-specific trash rules
- Managing department-specific whitelist rules
- Viewing employees associated with departments
- Managing application-level users, roles, and permissions
- Managing application-specific hotwords sets
- Managing application-specific trash rules
- Managing application-specific whitelist rules
- Managing search schedules
- Managing export operations
- Managing reviews
- Working with reports
Trash rules let you define when to ignore or include inbound items from specific email addresses or domains.
Trash rules are used during search. By default, a trash rule causes items coming in from specified email addresses or domains to be omitted from search results.
You can define trash rules to be used at the department level, but they can be propagated to sub-departments. Application-specific trash rules can be deactivated at the department-level. A deactivated department trash rule does not modify the original application trash rule. Trash rules cannot be deleted or modified; they can only be deactivated.
You must have the Manage Trash rules department permission to add department-specific trash rules. By default, users that have the Rule Admin role have this permission.