Advanced Supervision User Guide
- Introducing Veritas Advanced Supervision
- Getting started
- Working with dashboard widgets
- Managing departments
- Managing department users
- Managing department searches
- Managing department-specific hotwords sets
- Managing department-specific trash rules
- Managing department-specific whitelist rules
- Viewing employees associated with departments
- Managing application-level users, roles, and permissions
- Managing application-specific hotwords sets
- Managing application-specific trash rules
- Managing application-specific whitelist rules
- Managing search schedules
- Managing export operations
- Managing reviews
- Working with reports
Guidelines for effective searches
To increase the chances of retrieving the most relevant results when conducting searches, follow these guidelines:
Make searches precise. For example, include the author or recipient details, or specify date ranges.
Avoid the over use of wildcards.
Avoid the overuse of search terms. The inclusion of several search terms together can cause iterative searches, which may slow down performance and return overlapping results.
Ensure that scheduled searches do not run at the same time as system backups.
Quickly accept or reject searches to avoid slowing the database.
Use one or more hotword sets in scheduled searches to allow the hotwords used to be changed as needed. It is recommended to configure a hotword set that is used by the scheduled search so that the hotwords in the hotword set can be changed as needed, and the next instance of the search will use the changes in the hotword set.