Veritas Advanced Supervision User Guide
- Introducing Advanced Supervision
- Getting started
- Working with dashboard widgets
- Managing departments
- Managing department users
- Managing department searches
- Managing department-specific hotword sets
- Managing department-specific trash rules
- Managing department-specific allowlist rules
- Viewing employees associated with departments
- Managing application-level users, roles, and permissions
- Managing application-specific hotword sets
- Managing application-specific trash rules
- Managing application-specific allowlist rules
- Managing data requests
- Managing search schedules
- Managing export operations
- Managing reviews
- Working with reports
Advanced Supervision multi-tier architecture
Advanced Supervision has a two-tier architecture, which provides the ability to manage and delegate compliance responsibilities across multiple geographical, functional, and departmentally-distributed compliance departments. The following diagram illustrates this architecture:
The mirroring of an organizational department can be accomplished by creating departments and sub-departments in Advanced Supervision. The parent department (top tier) is a Corporate Office tier. The sub-department (bottom tier) is an office tier in which an administrator can create as many sub-departments as necessary. This architecture enables the corporate office to distribute the items monitoring workload to the second-tier offices as required.
Within a department in Advanced Supervision, an administrator or a reviewer can:
Create another department for monitoring individual compliance and subsequently generate department-specific reports.
Create, edit, and delete reviewer and escalation reviewer accounts for an office.
Control whether the reviewers in an office can create hotwords (department-specific keywords or phrases) as per the compliance policy.
Create compliance-specific searches (immediate, scheduled, and guaranteed sample searches).
Monitor and review items.
Reassign items to an escalation reviewer for approval or rejection.
Export and print search results and reports for offline review or for sharing with an approved third-party organization.