Advanced Supervision User Guide
- Introducing Veritas Advanced Supervision
- Getting started
- Working with dashboard widgets
- Managing departments
- Managing department users
- Managing department searches
- Managing department-specific hotwords sets
- Managing department-specific trash rules
- Managing department-specific whitelist rules
- Viewing employees associated with departments
- Managing application-level users, roles, and permissions
- Managing application-specific hotwords sets
- Managing application-specific trash rules
- Managing application-specific whitelist rules
- Managing search schedules
- Managing export operations
- Managing reviews
- Working with reports
Whitelist rules let you define the text that is contained within the items that are always considered compliant. This functionality does not apply to item attachments.
If Advanced Supervision finds an active word or phrase from the lexicon within whitelisted text, the word or phrase is not flagged. Many customers use this feature to whitelist the disclaimers that appear at the bottom of their outgoing emails. Having the whitelist rule in place means that the disclaimer does not cause an email to be flagged with violations for review.
For example, assume you used the following disclaimer in your email address:
Email that is sent through the Internet is not secure. Do not use email to send us confidential information such as credit card numbers, changes of address, PIN numbers, passwords, or other important information. Do not email orders to buy or sell securities, transfer funds, or send time sensitive instructions. We do not accept such orders or instructions. This email is not an official trade confirmation for the transactions that are executed for your account. Your email message is not private in that it is subject to review by the Firm, its officers, agents and employees.
You can add the entire paragraph to your whitelist rules so that every outgoing item is not flagged for review. Since PIN numbers and passwords are likely words you would find in your active hotword. Although this functionality is generally reserved for the outgoing email, you can whitelist words and phrases for any inbound item or instant message.
You must have the Manage Whitelist rules department permission to add department-specific whitelist rules. By default, users that have the Rule Admin role have this permission.