Veritas Advanced Supervision User Guide
- Introducing Advanced Supervision
- Getting started
- Working with dashboard widgets
- Managing departments
- Managing department users
- Managing department searches
- Managing department-specific hotword sets
- Managing department-specific trash rules
- Managing department-specific whitelist rules
- Viewing employees associated with departments
- Managing application-level users, roles, and permissions
- Managing application-specific hotword sets
- Managing application-specific trash rules
- Managing application-specific whitelist rules
- Managing data requests
- Managing search schedules
- Managing export operations
- Managing reviews
- Working with reports
Creating department-specific hotword sets
To create the department-specific hotword set
- In the left navigation pane, click Departments.
- Search for and select the department for which you want to add hotwords and hotword sets.
Advanced Supervision lists all departments. You can use the filtering options to search the required department. Options include filtering by department name, exception employees, and reviewers associated with the department.
- Navigate to the Hotwords tab, and then click New Hotword Set.
The Create Hotword Set dialog box appears.
- In the Name and Description fields, type a unique name and an optional description for the hotword set.
The hotword set name can contain up to 50 characters. The description can contain up to 250 characters.
- Under the Hotwords section, click Select to search and choose hotwords from the available list.
To select multiple adjacent words, hold down the Shift key and click the first and the last words in the range. To select multiple, non-adjacent words, hold down the Ctrl key and click the required words.
- If the required hotword is not available, click Create Hotwords to add new hotwords.
To search for emails with a specific keyword, you can use a hotword, and to search for partial matches, you can use an asterisk character with the hotword. For example, two hotwords, "code" and "codebreaker," are available. A search with "code" returns emails where "code" is present as an independent word. A search with "code*" returns all emails that contain "codebreaker" as well as emails that contain only the "code" keyword.
To add multiple hotwords simultaneously, press Enter after each word to separate the words with a new line character.
If you need to use phrases, then enclose the phrases within straight double quotation marks.
- Click OK to add the words.
- Click Save.
- (Optional) In the Hotword Set pane, select a hotword set to view included hotwords.