Veritas Advanced Supervision User Guide
- Introducing Advanced Supervision
- Getting started
- Working with dashboard widgets
- Managing departments
- Managing department users
- Managing department searches
- Managing department-specific hotword sets
- Managing department-specific trash rules
- Managing department-specific allowlist rules
- Viewing employees associated with departments
- Managing application-level users, roles, and permissions
- Managing application-specific hotword sets
- Managing application-specific trash rules
- Managing application-specific allowlist rules
- Managing data requests
- Managing search schedules
- Managing export operations
- Managing reviews
- Working with reports
- Managing Audit Settings
- Working with Audit viewer
Adding new roles for users
You can manage application level users and their roles by accessing the Application tab. These customized roles can then be assigned to the department users. If none of the predefined roles provides the exact set of permissions you want to assign to users, you can create your own roles.
By default, you can view the content of the Roles tab. The Roles tab content is further classified in three sections - bar, , and . The section displays a list of all available roles. After selecting any role, the section displays a list of permissions associated with the selected role.
You must have the Manage Roles and the Grant Users Access permissions to create roles. By default, users that have the App User Admin role have this permission.
To add a new user role
- In the left navigation pane, click Application.
- In the Roles tab, click Add Role.
The Add Role dialog box appears.
- In the Name and Description fields, type a unique name and an optional description for the role respectively.
The role name can contain up to 50 characters. The description can contain up to 250 characters.
- In the Scope field, do any of the following:
To allow the department-level permissions, select the Department option.
To allow the application-level permissions, select the Application option.
- Under the Permission section, choose the required associated permissions.
- Click Save.