Advanced Supervision User Guide
- Introducing Veritas Advanced Supervision
- Getting started
- Working with dashboard widgets
- Managing departments
- Managing department users
- Managing department searches
- Managing department-specific hotword sets
- Managing department-specific trash rules
- Managing department-specific whitelist rules
- Viewing employees associated with departments
- Managing application-level users, roles, and permissions
- Managing application-specific hotword sets
- Managing application-specific trash rules
- Managing application-specific whitelist rules
- Managing data requests
- Managing search schedules
- Managing export operations
- Managing reviews
- Working with reports
Creating a new data request
The New data request page is where a data request is created and submitted. This page provides multiple sections where parameters can be defined to fine-tune your search.
To create a new data request
- In the left navigation pane, click Application.
- Click Data Request.
- Click New. The New data request window appears.
- Refer to the following table and provide the relevant information in the respective fields.
Enter a unique name for the data request. This name appears within the Data Request page.
The data request name is also used as the exported ZIP file name with the number sequence when the user downloads the exported file.
The name cannot contain any of the characters: /\*?":<>|
From date / To date
Specify the start date and end date of the emails to search.
Current action status
Select items by their action status, such as Unreviewed, Pending, Questioned, Reviewed Irrelevant, and Reviewed Relevant.
Authors and recipients
Enter the email address or domain name, and then press the Enter key.
Use these fields to filter a search for specific FROM or TO email addresses or domains. Up to five Senders and Recipients can be specified.
Address or domain must not contain wildcard characters and a space character.
Addresses on the left side cannot be blank.
If no address or domain is specified on the right, items will be searched for any internal or external user. If addresses or domains are specified, then items will be searched for any of those addresses or domains.
Select the message direction for email communication between addresses or domains. The three options available are listed below: The message direction can be:
Search between the authors and recipients mentioned on both sides: This option retrieves ALL emails exchanged between the email address or domain name on the left and the email address or domain name specified on the right.
Search between the authors on the right and recipients on the left: This option retrieves ALL emails from any of the sender email address or domain name on the right and any of or all of the recipient email address or domain name on the left.
Search between the authors on the left and recipients on the right: This option retrieves ALL emails from any of the sender email address or domain name on the left and any of or all of the recipient email address or domain name on the right.
The search items must be part of a review set.
Enter the subject keyword or phrase, and then press the Enter key.
If you need to use phrases, then enclose the phrases within straight double quotation marks.
Enter a password with which to protect the files that are returned from this request. The exported PST file would be protected with a password.
The password must have at least 4 characters and a maximum of 6 characters.
Make sure that you can remember this password. If you forget the password, you will be unable to access the files returned from the data request, and your only course of action is to create another data request.
- Click Save.
The newly created data request will appear on the Data Request page with a link to get the exported PST file.
- Click the links to download the zipped file of the exported PST file.
The export link gets expired in 15 days from its creation date. If you see a message about expired export, you should create a new data request.