Enterprise Vault.cloud™ CloudLink Administration Guide
- About this guide
- About CloudLink
- About Exchange mailbox delegation synchronization
- System requirements for CloudLink
- Steps to set up CloudLink
- Installing or upgrading the CloudLink application
- Setting up CloudLink with Microsoft Exchange
- Configuring Exchange 2003 servers for CloudLink
- Configuring Exchange Server 2007, 2010, 2013, and 2016 servers for CloudLink
- Configuring CloudLink for Microsoft Exchange
- Creating CloudLink tasks for Exchange
- Selecting the Active Directory users, groups, or OUs on which to perform a task
- Setting up CloudLink with Domino
- Configuring CloudLink for Domino
- Creating CloudLink tasks for Domino
- Monitoring and managing tasks and archive accounts
- Known issues and limitations
About CloudLink synchronization with Active Directory
For Exchange on-premises, CloudLink synchronizes user and group information from your Active Directory environment to Enterprise Vault.cloud. All mailbox-enabled users and mail-enabled group objects in Active Directory are available for synchronization. From CloudLink you can browse the Organizational Unit structure and select the users and groups to synchronize.
CloudLink uses email addresses to synchronize with Enterprise Vault.cloud. CloudLink can synchronize individual accounts within security groups, and nested within dynamic groups. Aliases are synchronized for individual accounts. Aliases within dynamic groups or security groups are not synchronized.
The synchronization process can identify changes in Active Directory such as user or group creation, deletion, disablement, and modification. CloudLink can then propagate the changes to Enterprise Vault.cloud if required. You can configure what actions CloudLink takes in Enterprise Vault.cloud when specific changes occur to an account in Active Directory.