Enterprise Vault.cloud™ CloudLink Administration Guide
- About this guide
- About CloudLink
- About Exchange mailbox delegation synchronization
- System requirements for CloudLink
- Steps to set up CloudLink
- Installing or upgrading the CloudLink application
- Setting up CloudLink with Microsoft Exchange
- Configuring Exchange 2003 servers for CloudLink
- Configuring Exchange Server 2007, 2010, 2013, and 2016 servers for CloudLink
- Configuring CloudLink for Microsoft Exchange
- Creating CloudLink tasks for Exchange
- Selecting the Active Directory users, groups, or OUs on which to perform a task
- Setting up CloudLink with Domino
- Configuring CloudLink for Domino
- Creating CloudLink tasks for Domino
- Monitoring and managing tasks and archive accounts
- Known issues and limitations
Disabling Personal.cloud login and archiving for users who leave distribution groups that are targeted with Group-based Sync
You can use a Group-based Sync in the Task Manager wizard to target a distribution group for a CloudLink task. A Group-based Sync enables a recurring task to reflect changes to the distribution group membership.
If you use tasks that employ a Group-based Sync you can configure what happens to the archive accounts of users who leave a distribution group that a Group-based Sync targets. The configuration options are as follows:
Do nothing. This behavior is the default. Archiving and Personal.cloud are not disabled.
Disable Personal.cloud login, but do not disable archiving.
Disable both Personal.cloud login and archiving.
To configure the required behavior you must edit the CloudLink configuration file to set the corresponding value for the LeaveCustomQueryOption parameter.
We recommend that you set the LeaveCustomQueryOption parameter and the MailboxDisabledAction parameter to the same value.
To disable Personal.cloud login or login and archiving for users who leave distribution groups that are targeted with Group-based Sync
- Go to the folder in which CloudLink is installed, typically C:\Program Files\ArchiveTools\CloudLink.
- Make a backup copy of the CloudLink configuration file ArchiveTools.CloudLink.Server.exe.config, in case you want to revert to the original file later.
- Use a text editor such as Notepad to open ArchiveTools.CloudLink.Server.exe.config.
- Find the <appSettings> section of the file, and look for the following entry within it:
<add key="LeaveCustomQueryOption" value="2" />
Edit the entry to change the value as required, to set the behavior for users who leave a distribution list, as follows:
2: Do nothing. This behavior is the default.
0: Disable Personal.cloud login, but do not disable archiving.
3: Disable both Personal.cloud login and archiving.
- Save the changes to the configuration file.
- Restart the ArchiveTools CloudLink Server service for the change to take effect.