Enterprise Vault.cloud™ CloudLink Administration Guide
- About this guide
- About CloudLink
- About Exchange mailbox delegation synchronization
- System requirements for CloudLink
- Steps to set up CloudLink
- Installing or upgrading the CloudLink application
- Setting up CloudLink with Microsoft Exchange
- Configuring Exchange 2003 servers for CloudLink
- Configuring Exchange Server 2007, 2010, 2013, and 2016 servers for CloudLink
- Configuring CloudLink for Microsoft Exchange
- Creating CloudLink tasks for Exchange
- Selecting the Active Directory users, groups, or OUs on which to perform a task
- Setting up CloudLink with Domino
- Configuring CloudLink for Domino
- Creating CloudLink tasks for Domino
- Monitoring and managing tasks and archive accounts
- Known issues and limitations
Disabling Personal.cloud login and archiving for accounts with disabled mailboxes
You can manually configure CloudLink to disable Personal.cloud login or both login and archiving for accounts whose Exchange mailboxes become disabled.
In Exchange 2007, 2010, 2013, and 2016, a mailbox may be set to Disabled. By default CloudLink archives from Active Directory accounts regardless of this Disabled mailbox setting. If you want to disable Personal.cloud login or both login and archiving for accounts whose mailboxes become disabled, you can set the MailboxDisabledAction parameter in the CloudLink configuration file.
This CloudLink configuration file parameter has no effect on Exchange 2003.
If you use Group-based Sync we recommend that you set the MailboxDisabledAction parameter and the LeaveCustomQueryOption parameter to the same value.
To disable Personal.cloud login or login and archiving for accounts with disabled mailboxes on Exchange 2007, 2010, 2013, and 2016
- Go to the folder in which CloudLink is installed, typically C:\Program Files\ArchiveTools\CloudLink.
- Make a backup copy of the CloudLink configuration file ArchiveTools.CloudLink.Server.exe.config, in case you want to revert to the original file later.
- Use a text editor such as Notepad to open ArchiveTools.CloudLink.Server.exe.config.
- Find the <appSettings> section of the file, and add the following entry within it:
<add key="MailboxDisabledAction" value="n" />
Where n is an integer that determines the behavior for any mailboxes that are set to Disabled in the Exchange Management Console, as follows:
2: Do nothing. This behavior is also the default when the parameter is not set in the configuration file.
0: Disable Personal.cloud login, but do not disable archiving.
3: Disable both Personal.cloud login and archiving.
- Save the changes to the configuration file.
- Restart the ArchiveTools CloudLink Server service for the change to take effect.
For CloudLink to identify that an account's mailbox is disabled, the same recurrent CloudLink task must synchronize the account both before and after the mailbox is disabled.
If you want to disable Personal.cloud login or login and archiving for mail-disabled users on Exchange 2003, you can perform the following procedure.
To disable Personal.cloud login or login and archiving for mail-disabled users on Exchange 2003
- Identify all the Exchange 2003 mail-disabled users, and create a separate Active Directory Organizational Unit that contains only those users.
- In the CloudLink configuration task list, in the Additional AD Sync Options step, ensure that the setting For user accounts disabled in Active Directory is set to one of the following, as required:
Disable Enterprise Vault Personal.cloud Login
Disable Enterprise Vault.cloud archiving and Login
If you change this configuration setting, the change affects all CloudLink tasks that use this setting, including any existing scheduled and recurring tasks.
- See Creating CloudLink tasks for Exchange.
Run the CloudLink Task Manager wizard, and create a new task specifically to disable archiving for disabled Exchange 2003 mailbox users. When you configure the task, do as follows:
On the Select User(s) or Group(s) page, select the Organizational Unit that you created in step 1.
Then, on the Select Action(s) page, select only Disable Archive.
Select a suitable schedule for the task.
When the task runs it disables Personal.cloud login, or archiving and login for all of the users in the specified Organizational Unit.