Veritas NetBackup™ for Hyper-V Administrator's Guide
- Notes and prerequisites
- Configure NetBackup communication with Hyper-V
- Configure NetBackup policies for Hyper-V
- Backup options on the Hyper-V tab
- Hyper-V - Advanced Attributes
- Browse for Hyper-V virtual machines
- Configure Hyper-V Intelligent Policies
- NetBackup Hyper-V for SCVMM
- Windows Server failover cluster support
- Virtual machine maintenance after a restore
- Back up and restore Hyper-V
- Restoring individual files to a shared location on the virtual machine
- Use Accelerator to back up Hyper-V
- Best practices and more information
- NetBackup logs for Hyper-V and how to create them
- Errors during policy creation
- NetBackup status codes related to Hyper-V
- Appendix A. VSS backup method: Hyper-V online and offline backups
- Appendix B. Hyper-V pass-through disks
- Appendix C. NetBackup commands to back up and restore Hyper-V virtual machines
- Examples of nbrestorevm for restoring VMs to Hyper-V
Setting up Hyper-V Intelligent Policy: Task overview
Table: Automatic selection of virtual machines: overview of the tasks
Steps to configure automatic selection
Description and notes
Configure a Hyper-V policy
Use the policy Attributes tab.
Set rules for virtual machine selection in the policy Query Builder
On the policy Clients tab, click .
Choose a host for virtual machine selection (the default is the Hyper-V server).
To add the rules, use the Query Builder drop-down fields.
Test the rules
Click Clients tab. Virtual machines are labeled as included or excluded, based on the rules.in the Query Builder on the
The list of virtual machines is not saved in the Clients tab.
The query rules are also displayed in the Backup Selections tab. The backup selections are pre-set to All_LOCAL_DRIVES (not displayed).
Execute a backup
When the policy executes, NetBackup consults the rules in the Query Builder, creates a list of virtual machines, and backs them up.
Check the backup
To see which virtual machines were backed up, use the Activity Monitor, or run a Virtual Client Summary report in OpsCenter.