Veritas NetBackup™ for Hyper-V Administrator's Guide
- Notes and prerequisites
- Configure NetBackup communication with Hyper-V
- Configure NetBackup policies for Hyper-V
- Backup options on the Hyper-V tab
- Hyper-V - Advanced Attributes
- Browse for Hyper-V virtual machines
- Configure Hyper-V Intelligent Policies
- NetBackup Hyper-V for SCVMM
- Windows Server failover cluster support
- Virtual machine maintenance after a restore
- Back up and restore Hyper-V
- Restoring individual files to a shared location on the virtual machine
- Use Accelerator to back up Hyper-V
- Best practices and more information
- NetBackup logs for Hyper-V and how to create them
- Errors during policy creation
- NetBackup status codes related to Hyper-V
- Appendix A. VSS backup method: Hyper-V online and offline backups
- Appendix B. Hyper-V pass-through disks
- Appendix C. NetBackup commands to back up and restore Hyper-V virtual machines
- Examples of nbrestorevm for restoring VMs to Hyper-V
NetBackup administrator tasks for Hyper-V
The following are the tasks for the NetBackup administrator:
Install the NetBackup master server and media server.
For information on licensing, contact your Veritas sales or partner representative.
See the NetBackup Installation Guide.
Install a NetBackup client on each Hyper-V server. Only one NetBackup client is required on each Hyper-V server. As an option for restore, a client may be installed on a virtual machine.
To back up VMs under the Microsoft System Center Virtual Machine Manager (SCVMM), install a NetBackup client on the SCVMM server.
Add the name of the NetBackup master server to the client's server list. In the NetBackup Backup, Archive, and Restore interface, click. Add the master server to the list.
Read the notes on NetBackup for Hyper-V.
Read the best practices.
See Best practices.
Create a NetBackup policy for Hyper-V.
Run a Hyper-V backup.
Perform a restore.
To troubleshoot your configuration:
See the Troubleshooting chapter.