Veritas NetBackup™ for Hyper-V Administrator's Guide
- Notes and prerequisites
- Configure NetBackup communication with Hyper-V
- Configure NetBackup policies for Hyper-V
- Backup options on the Hyper-V tab
- Hyper-V - Advanced Attributes
- Browse for Hyper-V virtual machines
- Configure Hyper-V Intelligent Policies
- NetBackup Hyper-V for SCVMM
- Windows Server failover cluster support
- Virtual machine maintenance after a restore
- Back up and restore Hyper-V
- Restoring individual files to a shared location on the virtual machine
- Use Accelerator to back up Hyper-V
- Best practices and more information
- NetBackup logs for Hyper-V and how to create them
- Errors during policy creation
- NetBackup status codes related to Hyper-V
- Appendix A. VSS backup method: Hyper-V online and offline backups
- Appendix B. Hyper-V pass-through disks
- Appendix C. NetBackup commands to back up and restore Hyper-V virtual machines
- Examples of nbrestorevm for restoring VMs to Hyper-V
Restoring the full Hyper-V virtual machine
You can restore the entire virtual machine to the original Hyper-V server or to a different Hyper-V server.
For important notes on restoring the full virtual machine, see the following:
To restore the entire Hyper-V virtual machine
- Start the NetBackup Backup, Archive, and Restore interface.
- Click File > Specify NetBackup Machines and Policy Type.
Select the following.
Server to use for backups and restores
Enter the NetBackup master server that performed the Hyper-V backup.
Source client for restores (or virtual client for backups)
Enter the Hyper-V virtual machine that was backed up.
Destination client for restores
This field is ignored when you restore an entire virtual machine.
A later step in this procedure explains how to restore to a different Hyper-V server.
Policy type for restores
Date / time range
The time period within which to search for backups.
- Click OK.
- Click File > Select Files and Folders to Restore > From Virtual Machine Backup.
A restore window displays the backups available for restore.
- Select the backup of the virtual machine that you want to restore.
In the NetBackup History pane, click on the Hyper-V backup, then click the check box under All Folders. You must select the entire virtual machine.
- Click the Start Restore of Marked Files icon.
- Select restore options and the restore destination on the Restore Marked Files dialog.
- Click Start Restore.
When the restore is complete, the restored virtual machine is placed in the Saved or Off state. The state after restore depends on its state at the time of the backup and the type of Hyper-V backup that occurred.