Veritas NetBackup™ for Hyper-V Administrator's Guide
- Notes and prerequisites
- Configure NetBackup communication with Hyper-V
- Configure NetBackup policies for Hyper-V
- Backup options on the Hyper-V tab
- Hyper-V - Advanced Attributes
- Browse for Hyper-V virtual machines
- Configure Hyper-V Intelligent Policies
- NetBackup Hyper-V for SCVMM
- Windows Server failover cluster support
- Virtual machine maintenance after a restore
- Back up and restore Hyper-V
- Restoring individual files to a shared location on the virtual machine
- Use Accelerator to back up Hyper-V
- Best practices and more information
- NetBackup logs for Hyper-V and how to create them
- Errors during policy creation
- NetBackup status codes related to Hyper-V
- Appendix A. VSS backup method: Hyper-V online and offline backups
- Appendix B. Hyper-V pass-through disks
- Appendix C. NetBackup commands to back up and restore Hyper-V virtual machines
- Examples of nbrestorevm for restoring VMs to Hyper-V
Test Query screen for Hyper-V
This screen lists the virtual machines that NetBackup discovered in your virtual environment when you clicked Test Query. Later changes in the virtual environment may affect which virtual machines match the query rules. For example: if virtual machines are added, the test results may not be identical to the virtual machines that are selected for backup when the backup runs.
When the next backup runs from this policy, the following events occur: NetBackup re-discovers virtual machines, consults the query rules, and backs up the virtual machines that match the rules.
The list of backed up virtual machines is saved but the virtual machines are not displayed in the policy's Clients tab. You can use the Activity Monitor to view the virtual machine jobs, or you can run a Virtual Client Summary report in OpsCenter.
The Test Query function runs in the background. You can continue to configure the policy while the test runs. Any changes you make in the Query Builder however are not included in the currently running test. You must re-initiate the test to see the results of your Query Builder changes.
Table: Test Query screen fields
Test query for policy
Lists the rules in the Query Builder that were used in this test. The rules are specified in the Query Builder on the policy Clients tab.
Test Query Results
VM Name: Shows the display name of all discovered virtual machines.
Selection: Lists the virtual machines that were discovered, as follows:
The bottom of the screen gives a tally of how many virtual machines were included, excluded, or failed in the test.