Veritas NetBackup™ for Hyper-V Administrator's Guide
- Notes and prerequisites
- Configure NetBackup communication with Hyper-V
- Configure NetBackup policies for Hyper-V
- Backup options on the Hyper-V tab
- Hyper-V - Advanced Attributes
- Browse for Hyper-V virtual machines
- Configure Hyper-V Intelligent Policies
- NetBackup Hyper-V for SCVMM
- Windows Server failover cluster support
- Virtual machine maintenance after a restore
- Back up and restore Hyper-V
- Restoring individual files to a shared location on the virtual machine
- Use Accelerator to back up Hyper-V
- Best practices and more information
- NetBackup logs for Hyper-V and how to create them
- Errors during policy creation
- NetBackup status codes related to Hyper-V
- Appendix A. VSS backup method: Hyper-V online and offline backups
- Appendix B. Hyper-V pass-through disks
- Appendix C. NetBackup commands to back up and restore Hyper-V virtual machines
- Examples of nbrestorevm for restoring VMs to Hyper-V
Configurations for backing up pass-through disks
You can use either of the following NetBackup configurations to back up Hyper-V pass-through disks:
Without Snapshot Client.
Install a NetBackup client on the virtual machine. You can configure NetBackup to back up virtual machine data as if the client was installed on a physical host. Note that without Snapshot Client software on the virtual machine, the features of Snapshot Client are not available.
With Snapshot Client (explained in this appendix).
Install a NetBackup client on the virtual machine, as well as a license for Snapshot Client. Configure either a local snapshot backup or an alternate client backup.
To use a VSS hardware provider for the disk array, the off-host alternate client method is required.