Veritas NetBackup™ for Hyper-V Administrator's Guide
- Notes and prerequisites
- Configure NetBackup communication with Hyper-V
- Configure NetBackup policies for Hyper-V
- Backup options on the Hyper-V tab
- Hyper-V - Advanced Attributes
- Browse for Hyper-V virtual machines
- Configure Hyper-V Intelligent Policies
- NetBackup Hyper-V for SCVMM
- Windows Server failover cluster support
- Virtual machine maintenance after a restore
- Back up and restore Hyper-V
- Restoring individual files to a shared location on the virtual machine
- Use Accelerator to back up Hyper-V
- Best practices and more information
- NetBackup logs for Hyper-V and how to create them
- Errors during policy creation
- NetBackup status codes related to Hyper-V
- Appendix A. VSS backup method: Hyper-V online and offline backups
- Appendix B. Hyper-V pass-through disks
- Appendix C. NetBackup commands to back up and restore Hyper-V virtual machines
- Examples of nbrestorevm for restoring VMs to Hyper-V
Restoring individual files to a shared location on the virtual machine
To restore individual files to a virtual machine that is not a NetBackup client
- Install a NetBackup client on a physical host.
The host must be in the same domain as the virtual machine that you want to restore the files to. This host can be a Hyper-V server or another computer.
- Create a share to allow the host that contains the NetBackup client to access the virtual machine. The share must allow write access.
For example: \\virtual_machine1\share_folder
In this example, virtual_machine1 is the ultimate destination for the restored files. The host with the NetBackup client acts as a conduit for the restore.
- Start the NetBackup Backup, Archive, and Restore interface on the NetBackup client.
- Click Files > Specify NetBackup Machines and Policy Type.
Select the following.
Server to use for backups and restores
Specify the NetBackup master server that performed the Hyper-V backup.
Source client for restores (or virtual client for backups)
Specify the Hyper-V virtual machine that was backed up.
Destination client for restores
Select the host that has the NetBackup client. The virtual machine to which you want to restore must have a share for this host.
Do not specify the virtual machine in this field.
Policy type for restores
Date / time range
The time period within which to search for backups.
- Click OK.
- Click Select for Restore > Restore from Normal Backup.
- Under All folders and Contents, select the files to restore.
- Click Actions > Restore.
- In the Restore Marked Files dialog box, click Restore everything to a different location (maintaining existing structure).
In the Destination: field, enter the UNC path name that refers to the shared drive or folder on the destination virtual machine.
For example, to restore files to E:\folder1 on virtual_machine1, enter the following:
NetBackup restores the files to the shared location on the virtual machine.
- You may have to change the logon for the NetBackup Client Service.