Veritas NetBackup™ for Hyper-V Administrator's Guide
- Notes and prerequisites
- Configure NetBackup communication with Hyper-V
- Configure NetBackup policies for Hyper-V
- Backup options on the Hyper-V tab
- Hyper-V - Advanced Attributes
- Browse for Hyper-V virtual machines
- Configure Hyper-V Intelligent Policies
- NetBackup Hyper-V for SCVMM
- Windows Server failover cluster support
- Virtual machine maintenance after a restore
- Back up and restore Hyper-V
- Restoring individual files to a shared location on the virtual machine
- Use Accelerator to back up Hyper-V
- Best practices and more information
- NetBackup logs for Hyper-V and how to create them
- Errors during policy creation
- NetBackup status codes related to Hyper-V
- Appendix A. VSS backup method: Hyper-V online and offline backups
- Appendix B. Hyper-V pass-through disks
- Appendix C. NetBackup commands to back up and restore Hyper-V virtual machines
- Examples of nbrestorevm for restoring VMs to Hyper-V
Configuring a local snapshot backup of Hyper-V pass-through disks
To create a policy for local snapshot backup of a pass-through disk
- Start the NetBackup Administration Console.
- Click on Policies and create a new policy.
- On the policy Attributes tab, select the MS-Windows policy type or FlashBackup-Windows policy type.
- Click Perform snapshot backups.
- Optional: click Retain snapshot for Instant Recovery or SLP management.
- Click Options.
- Select the VSS snapshot method.
The Hyper-V method does not apply.
The array may require additional OS and NetBackup configuration as described in the disk arrays topic of the NetBackup Snapshot Client Administrator's Guide.
- Specify snapshot options for VSS.
Select the following:
Provider Type: You can select 1-system or 2-software. 3-hardware is not supported for local backup.
Snapshot Attribute: The selection depends on your VSS hardware provider. For the supported snapshot methods and hardware types, see the NetBackup Software Compatibility List available from the following location:
Maximum snapshots (Instant Recovery only): This option sets the maximum number of Instant Recovery snapshots to be retained at one time.
For more information on this option, refer to the topic on the Maximum Snapshots parameter in the NetBackup Snapshot Client Administrator's guide.
- In the policy Clients tab, select the virtual machine that has a pass-through disk configured.
- In the policy's Backup Selections tab, specify the pass-through disk that you want to back up. Or specify the files or volumes that reside on the pass-through disk.