Veritas NetBackup™ for Hyper-V Administrator's Guide
- Notes and prerequisites
- Configure NetBackup communication with Hyper-V
- Configure NetBackup policies for Hyper-V
- Backup options on the Hyper-V tab
- Hyper-V - Advanced Attributes
- Browse for Hyper-V virtual machines
- Configure Hyper-V Intelligent Policies
- NetBackup Hyper-V for SCVMM
- Windows Server failover cluster support
- Virtual machine maintenance after a restore
- Back up and restore Hyper-V
- Restoring individual files to a shared location on the virtual machine
- Use Accelerator to back up Hyper-V
- Best practices and more information
- NetBackup logs for Hyper-V and how to create them
- Errors during policy creation
- NetBackup status codes related to Hyper-V
- Appendix A. VSS backup method: Hyper-V online and offline backups
- Appendix B. Hyper-V pass-through disks
- Appendix C. NetBackup commands to back up and restore Hyper-V virtual machines
- Examples of nbrestorevm for restoring VMs to Hyper-V
Viewing or resizing Windows NTFS shadow storage
This topic applies to the VSS backup method only (not to WMI).
For the backups that are made with theProvider Type (for a block-level copy-on-write snapshot), note: Windows shadow storage for a volume on a Hyper-V host must have enough space to hold all required snapshots. If too little space is available, the backup fails with status code 42, "network read failed." In that case, a larger shadow storage area is required. Refer to Microsoft documentation for recommendations on shadow storage size.
If additional space is not available for shadow storage, reschedule backups so they do not occur at the same time.
To view or resize Windows NTFS shadow storage
- To list the current shadow storage settings, run the following on the virtual machine:
vssadmin list shadowstorage
- To resize shadow storage, run the following:
vssadmin resize shadowstorage
Refer to your Microsoft Windows documentation for more details.