Veritas NetBackup™ for Hyper-V Administrator's Guide
- Notes and prerequisites
- Configure NetBackup communication with Hyper-V
- Configure NetBackup policies for Hyper-V
- Backup options on the Hyper-V tab
- Hyper-V - Advanced Attributes
- Browse for Hyper-V virtual machines
- Configure Hyper-V Intelligent Policies
- NetBackup Hyper-V for SCVMM
- Windows Server failover cluster support
- Virtual machine maintenance after a restore
- Back up and restore Hyper-V
- Restoring individual files to a shared location on the virtual machine
- Use Accelerator to back up Hyper-V
- Best practices and more information
- NetBackup logs for Hyper-V and how to create them
- Errors during policy creation
- NetBackup status codes related to Hyper-V
- Appendix A. VSS backup method: Hyper-V online and offline backups
- Appendix B. Hyper-V pass-through disks
- Appendix C. NetBackup commands to back up and restore Hyper-V virtual machines
- Examples of nbrestorevm for restoring VMs to Hyper-V
Creating a query to back up VMs in a localized SCVMM environment
This topic describes how to create a query in a Hyper-V Intelligent Policy to back up VMs in a localized (non-English) SCVMM environment.
To create a Hyper-V Intelligent Policy for a non-localized (English) SCVMM environment, see the following topic:
To create a query to back up VMs in a localized SCVMM environment
- In the policy's Query Builder, select from the Join, Field, and Operator pull-downs to begin building the query.
- Use the browse icon to retrieve the possible values for the Field keyword.
The browse icon returns the English values. For example:
In this example, the browse icon returned the possible values for the VirtualMachineState keyword.
- Click the value to use in the query.
- Click the plus sign to add a query with that value.