Veritas NetBackup™ for Hyper-V Administrator's Guide
- Notes and prerequisites
- Configure NetBackup communication with Hyper-V
- Configure NetBackup policies for Hyper-V
- Backup options on the Hyper-V tab
- Hyper-V - Advanced Attributes
- Browse for Hyper-V virtual machines
- Configure Hyper-V Intelligent Policies
- NetBackup Hyper-V for SCVMM
- Windows Server failover cluster support
- Virtual machine maintenance after a restore
- Back up and restore Hyper-V
- Restoring individual files to a shared location on the virtual machine
- Use Accelerator to back up Hyper-V
- Best practices and more information
- NetBackup logs for Hyper-V and how to create them
- Errors during policy creation
- NetBackup status codes related to Hyper-V
- Appendix A. VSS backup method: Hyper-V online and offline backups
- Appendix B. Hyper-V pass-through disks
- Appendix C. NetBackup commands to back up and restore Hyper-V virtual machines
- Examples of nbrestorevm for restoring VMs to Hyper-V
Restoring individual files to a host that has a NetBackup client
To restore individual files to a host that has NetBackup client
- In the NetBackup Administration Console, click Backup, Archive, and Restore.
- Click Actions > Specify NetBackup Machines and Policy Type.
Select the following.
Server to use for backups and restores
Enter the NetBackup master server that performed the Hyper-V backup.
Source client for restores
Enter the Hyper-V virtual machine that was backed up.
Destination client for restores
Enter a physical host or a virtual machine. The host or virtual machine must contain a NetBackup client.
You must use a different procedure to restore the files to a virtual machine that does not have a NetBackup client.
Policy type for restores
- Click OK.
- Under Restore type, click Normal Backups.
- Enter a date and time range within which to search for backups.
- Under Directory Structure and Contents of selected directory, select the files to restore.
- Click Actions > Restore.
- Make your selections in the Restore Marked Files dialog box.
Note the following:
Restore everything to its original location
Select this option to restore the files to their original paths or folders on the destination client. If the original volume at the time of backup (such as E:\) does not exist on the destination client for this restore, the restore fails.
Restore everything to a different location (maintaining existing structure)
Select this option to restore the files to a different path or folder on the destination client. Specify the folder in the Destination field.
If the original volume at the time of backup (such as E:\) does not exist on the destination client for this restore, the restore fails.
Use a different procedure to restore the files to a virtual machine that does not have a NetBackup client:
Restore individual folders and files to different locations
Select this option to restore files to particular locations. Each item you selected to restore appears in the Source column. Double-click on an item to enter or browse for a restore destination.
- Click Start Restore.