Veritas NetBackup™ for Hyper-V Administrator's Guide
- Notes and prerequisites
- Configure NetBackup communication with Hyper-V
- Configure NetBackup policies for Hyper-V
- Backup options on the Hyper-V tab
- Hyper-V - Advanced Attributes
- Browse for Hyper-V virtual machines
- Configure Hyper-V Intelligent Policies
- NetBackup Hyper-V for SCVMM
- Windows Server failover cluster support
- Virtual machine maintenance after a restore
- Back up and restore Hyper-V
- Restoring individual files to a shared location on the virtual machine
- Use Accelerator to back up Hyper-V
- Best practices and more information
- NetBackup logs for Hyper-V and how to create them
- Errors during policy creation
- NetBackup status codes related to Hyper-V
- Appendix A. VSS backup method: Hyper-V online and offline backups
- Appendix B. Hyper-V pass-through disks
- Appendix C. NetBackup commands to back up and restore Hyper-V virtual machines
- Examples of nbrestorevm for restoring VMs to Hyper-V
The IsSet operator in queries
For example: You can use IsSet to exclude virtual machines from the backup list that do not have any Notes associated with them.
Table: Examples of queries with the IsSet operator
Query rules with IsSet operator
Effect of the query on virtual machine selection
Displayname Contains "prod"
AND Notes IsSet
INCLUDED: Any virtual machine with a display name that contains the string "prod" if the virtual machine also has Notes.
EXCLUDED: Any virtual machines that do not have Notes.
Without Notes IsSet in this query, virtual machines without Notes cannot be excluded.
Cluster Contains "dev"
AND Notes IsSet
INCLUDED: Any virtual machine in a cluster that has a name that contains the string "dev" if the virtual machine also has Notes.
EXCLUDED: Any virtual machines that do not have Notes, and any virtual machines that have Notes but that are not in a cluster that has a name that contains "dev".
Without Notes in this query, virtual machines without Notes cannot be excluded.
The policy's Primary VM identifier parameter has an important effect on which virtual machines NetBackup can back up. This parameter affects the test query results.