Veritas NetBackup™ for Hyper-V Administrator's Guide
- Notes and prerequisites
- Configure NetBackup communication with Hyper-V
- Configure NetBackup policies for Hyper-V
- Backup options on the Hyper-V tab
- Hyper-V - Advanced Attributes
- Browse for Hyper-V virtual machines
- Configure Hyper-V Intelligent Policies
- NetBackup Hyper-V for SCVMM
- Windows Server failover cluster support
- Virtual machine maintenance after a restore
- Back up and restore Hyper-V
- Restoring individual files to a shared location on the virtual machine
- Use Accelerator to back up Hyper-V
- Best practices and more information
- NetBackup logs for Hyper-V and how to create them
- Errors during policy creation
- NetBackup status codes related to Hyper-V
- Appendix A. VSS backup method: Hyper-V online and offline backups
- Appendix B. Hyper-V pass-through disks
- Appendix C. NetBackup commands to back up and restore Hyper-V virtual machines
- Examples of nbrestorevm for restoring VMs to Hyper-V
About backup of virtual machines in an SCVMM environment
A NetBackup Hyper-V Intelligent policy can protect VMs that are managed by Microsoft's System Center Virtual Machine Manager (SCVMM). By means of queries in the policy's Query Builder, a policy can discover and back up the VMs on all the Hyper-V servers that SCVMM manages.
To restore the VMs, you can use the NetBackup Backup, Archive, and Restore interface, or the NetBackup Add-in for SCVMM.
Figure: NetBackup for Hyper-V under SCVMM shows NetBackup in an SCVMM environment. SCVMM manages multiple Hyper-V servers. A NetBackup policy can discover and back up the VMs on all the Hyper-V servers.
This SCVMM feature requires NetBackup's Hyper-V Intelligent Policy (automatic selection of VMs through a predefined query).
This SCVMM feature adds a new capability: For VMs that reside under SCVMM, NetBackup can identify and back up VMs by their host name even if they are powered off.
The following topics contain further information on NetBackup for Hyper-V with SCVMM: