Veritas NetBackup™ for Hyper-V Administrator's Guide
- Notes and prerequisites
- Configure NetBackup communication with Hyper-V
- Configure NetBackup policies for Hyper-V
- Backup options on the Hyper-V tab
- Hyper-V - Advanced Attributes
- Browse for Hyper-V virtual machines
- Configure Hyper-V Intelligent Policies
- NetBackup Hyper-V for SCVMM
- Windows Server failover cluster support
- Virtual machine maintenance after a restore
- Back up and restore Hyper-V
- Restoring individual files to a shared location on the virtual machine
- Use Accelerator to back up Hyper-V
- Best practices and more information
- NetBackup logs for Hyper-V and how to create them
- Errors during policy creation
- NetBackup status codes related to Hyper-V
- Appendix A. VSS backup method: Hyper-V online and offline backups
- Appendix B. Hyper-V pass-through disks
- Appendix C. NetBackup commands to back up and restore Hyper-V virtual machines
- Examples of nbrestorevm for restoring VMs to Hyper-V
NetBackup character restrictions for Hyper-V virtual machine display names
When Hyper-V virtual machines are included in a NetBackup policy, certain characters are not allowed in the virtual machine display name.
If the name contains the wrong characters, the backup may fail.
For NetBackup, the following characters are allowed in virtual machine display names:
Uppercase and lowercase ASCII letters (A-Z a-z)
Plus sign (+)
Left and right parentheses ()
Hyphen (-) Note however that a display name cannot begin with a hyphen.
Period (.) Note the following limitation:
A display name cannot end with a period. For example, a display name of
vm1.is not allowed.
No other characters are allowed.
For the policies that select virtual machines automatically: A space in a display name is converted to "%20" in the test query results if the virtual machine is listed as included.
Additional character restrictions for VM names can be found in the NetBackup Cloud Administrator's Guide, available from this location: