Veritas NetBackup™ for Hyper-V Administrator's Guide
- Notes and prerequisites
- Configure NetBackup communication with Hyper-V
- Configure NetBackup policies for Hyper-V
- Backup options on the Hyper-V tab
- Hyper-V - Advanced Attributes
- Browse for Hyper-V virtual machines
- Configure Hyper-V Intelligent Policies
- NetBackup Hyper-V for SCVMM
- Windows Server failover cluster support
- Virtual machine maintenance after a restore
- Back up and restore Hyper-V
- Restoring individual files to a shared location on the virtual machine
- Use Accelerator to back up Hyper-V
- Best practices and more information
- NetBackup logs for Hyper-V and how to create them
- Errors during policy creation
- NetBackup status codes related to Hyper-V
- Appendix A. VSS backup method: Hyper-V online and offline backups
- Appendix B. Hyper-V pass-through disks
- Appendix C. NetBackup commands to back up and restore Hyper-V virtual machines
- Examples of nbrestorevm for restoring VMs to Hyper-V
Configuring alternate client backup of virtual machines
This topic describes the details unique to setting up a policy for alternate client backup. This topic is a supplement to a larger procedure. For further instructions on creating a policy, see the following:
To configure an alternate client backup of a virtual machine
- On the NetBackup policy Attributes tab, select Hyper-V as the policy type.
- Click the Hyper-V tab and select Hyper-V Host 2008 SP2 or later (VSS).
- Click Perform off-host backup and select Alternate client from the Use pull-down. Enter the name of the alternate client in the Machine field.
- On the Hyper-V tab, review the other options.
Note the following:
Enable file recovery from VM backup
This option supports full and incremental schedules.
- Create a schedule for the backup.
- On the Clients tab, click New to select the virtual machine(s) to back up.
The Backup Selections tab is set to ALL_LOCAL_DRIVES.
- Click OK to validate and save the policy.
After you start the backup, the Detailed Status log should include the following line:
... snapshot backup using alternate client <host_name>
Troubleshooting assistance is available.