Veritas NetBackup™ for Hyper-V Administrator's Guide
- Notes and prerequisites
- Configure NetBackup communication with Hyper-V
- Configure NetBackup policies for Hyper-V
- Backup options on the Hyper-V tab
- Hyper-V - Advanced Attributes
- Browse for Hyper-V virtual machines
- Configure Hyper-V Intelligent Policies
- NetBackup Hyper-V for SCVMM
- Windows Server failover cluster support
- Virtual machine maintenance after a restore
- Back up and restore Hyper-V
- Restoring individual files to a shared location on the virtual machine
- Use Accelerator to back up Hyper-V
- Best practices and more information
- NetBackup logs for Hyper-V and how to create them
- Errors during policy creation
- NetBackup status codes related to Hyper-V
- Appendix A. VSS backup method: Hyper-V online and offline backups
- Appendix B. Hyper-V pass-through disks
- Appendix C. NetBackup commands to back up and restore Hyper-V virtual machines
- Examples of nbrestorevm for restoring VMs to Hyper-V
Backing up Hyper-V virtual machines
For further information on NetBackup policies and backup schedules, see the chapter on creating backup policies in the NetBackup Administrator's Guide, Volume I.
To create the policy, you can use the NetBackup Administration Console, or you can use the Policy Configuration Wizard.option of the
To back up a virtual machine manually from an existing policy
- In the NetBackup Administration Console, click on Policies, select the policy name, and click Actions > Manual Backup.
The Manual Backup dialog appears.
- Select the type of schedule for the backup.
- Select the clients (virtual machines) to back up.
- Click OK to start the backup.
- To watch the backup progress in the NetBackup Administration Console, click Activity Monitor.