Enterprise Vault.cloud™ Folder Sync 1.12 Administration Guide
- Requirements for Folder Sync
- Preparing the service accounts
- Installing and configuring Folder Sync
- Running and scheduling Folder Sync synchronizations
- Performing a "Run Now" Folder Sync synchronization
- Monitoring and managing Folder Sync
- Troubleshooting Folder Sync
Changing the iterative restart period for scheduled Folder Sync synchronization events
Within the duration period that you set for a scheduled Folder Sync synchronization the Item Sync task performs repeat runs of the folder synchronizations. That is, if the Item Synch task finishes processing all of the selected mailboxes, it pauses for a set period and then begins a repeat run of the synchronizations. The pause period between the reruns is called the iterative restart period.
The iterative restart period is set to 60 minutes by default. You can change this value if you want. For example, to set a more aggressive policy for folder synchronizations, you can reduce the iterative restart period to, say, 30 minutes.
Setting the iterative restart period to 0 disables the restart of the folder synchronization event. That is, it disables the scheduled restarts.
To change the iterative restart period you must edit a value in a Folder Sync configuration file.
To change the iterative restart period for scheduled Folder Sync synchronizations
- On the Folder Sync server, navigate to the Folder Sync installation folder, typically
C:\Program Files\ArchiveTools\ArchiveTools Folder Sync
- Take a backup copy of the file ArchiveAcceleratorSynchService.exe.config and paste it in a suitable location in case you want to revert to it later.
- Open ArchiveAcceleratorSynchService.exe.config with a text editor such as Notepad.
- Find the setting ScheduleRestartPeriodMinutes.
- Change the value of this setting from the default of 60 to the number of minutes that you require.
- Close the file, and save the changes.
- Restart the Item Synch task.