Enterprise Vault.cloud™ Folder Sync 1.12 Administration Guide
- Requirements for Folder Sync
- Preparing the service accounts
- Installing and configuring Folder Sync
- Running and scheduling Folder Sync synchronizations
- Performing a "Run Now" Folder Sync synchronization
- Monitoring and managing Folder Sync
- Troubleshooting Folder Sync
Preparing the Office 365 service account
When you configure Folder Sync 1.12 you must provide the credentials of a Microsoft Office 365 account that Folder Sync can use to synchronize the Office 365 mailboxes.
You must not use the account that Enterprise Vault.cloud Office 365 Sync uses for Office 365 account synchronization.
The Office 365 account must have the following role assignments:
The account must be assigned to the following Office 365 administrator roles: Exchange administrator, Service administrator, User management administrator.
In the Office 365 Exchange admin center, the account must be a member of an Exchange management role group that includes the management roles ApplicationImpersonation, View-Only Configuration, and View-Only Recipients.
The following procedure describes how you can create an account with these required permissions from the Office 365 Admin center.
To prepare the Office 365 service account
- Sign in to Microsoft Office 365 as a global administrator.
- Click the Admin app to open the Office 365 Admin center.
- Under Users > Active Users, click + Add a user.
- Complete the New user dialog, including the following role assignment:
Expand Roles, select Customized administrator, and then select the following roles:
User management administrator
Then click Add to add the new user.
- In the left menu bar of the Office 365 Admin center, expand Admin centers (Admin in the old admin center), and select Exchange.
- In the left navigation pane of the Exchange admin center, click permissions.
- On the admin roles page, click the + icon to create a new role group.
- At the top of the new role group window, enter a role group name in the Name field. Enter a suitable name such as Folder Sync App Impersonation.
You can also add a description such as For use by Enterprise Vault.cloud Folder Sync.
- In the Roles section of the new role group window, click the + icon.
In the Select a Role window, select each of the following roles from the list, and click add to add them to the role group:
- Click OK to close the Select a Role window and to return to the new role group window.
- In the Members section of the new role group window, click the + icon.
- In the Select Members window, select the new account that you are using as the Office 365 service account, and then click Add.
- Click OK to close the Select Members window and to return to the new role group window.
- Click Save to save the new role group.
The new role group now appears in the list of Admin Role Groups on the admin roles page.
If you do not see the new role group, wait several minutes and then refresh the page.
- Select the new role group in the admin roles list. Confirm that the three required roles are shown as assigned roles, and that the account that is to act as the Office 365 service account is listed as a member.
A long propagation time may be required for an account to acquire any new or changed role settings. You can also use PowerShell commands such as get-managementroleassignment and get-rolegroupmember to confirm that the new settings have taken effect. For more information on PowerShell commands see Microsoft's support documentation.