Enterprise Vault.cloud™ Folder Sync 1.12 Administration Guide
- Requirements for Folder Sync
- Preparing the service accounts
- Installing and configuring Folder Sync
- Running and scheduling Folder Sync synchronizations
- Performing a "Run Now" Folder Sync synchronization
- Monitoring and managing Folder Sync
- Troubleshooting Folder Sync
Configuring the Item Synch task's message service settings
As part of the initial configuration of Folder Sync you must configure the settings for the Item Synch task's message service.
To configure the Folder Sync Item Synch task's message service settings
- Log on to the Folder Sync server using the Folder Sync service account credentials.
- Click Start > All Programs > ArchiveTools > ArchiveTools Management Console.
- In the left pane of the Management Console, expand the Archive Accelerator node.
- Select the Task List folder.
- In the Task List pane, right-click the Item Synch folder and select Properties.
- On the Item Synch Properties dialog, select the Message Service Settings for computer_name tab.
- Enter the required configuration information on the Message Service Settings tab. See the following table for more information:
Process Deleted Items folder. Select this option if you want to provide Folder Sync users with a Deleted Items folder in Personal.cloud:
If this check box is selected, any items that are moved to the Deleted Items Folder in Outlook appear in the Deleted Items Folder in Personal.cloud after synchronization.
If this check box is cleared, the Deleted Items Folder does not appear with the other synchronized folders in Personal.cloud. Items that are moved to the Deleted Items Folder in Outlook remain in the original mailbox folder in Personal.cloud after synchronization.
Deselect Disabled Mailboxes: Select this option if you want to prevent Folder Sync from synchronizing disabled mailboxes.
Enterprise Vault.cloud Data Center Location
This setting must specify the geographical location of your Enterprise Vault data center.
Server: In the drop-down list, select the geographical location of your Enterprise Vault data center.
Folder Sync then populates the data center location box with the appropriate value.
If your data center location is not listed or if you are unsure about what to select, contact Veritas Support.
Enterprise Vault.cloud Admin Service Account
Username: Type the user name for the Enterprise Vault.cloud Administration Console service account, in the format
Password: Type the password for the account.
Use SSL: Select this option if you want to use a secure connection between the Folder Sync server and the Enterprise Vault.cloud archive server.
Exchange/Office 365 Service Account
Username: Click Select Account and then enter the credentials for your prepared Office 365 service account.
EWS Endpoint: Use the supplied value for the Exchange Web Services endpoint:
PowerShell Endpoint: Use the supplied value for the PowerShell endpoint:
PowerShell Authentication: Leave the authentication value set to Basic.
Auto Select New Mailboxes: Select this option if you want scheduled Folder Sync synchronizations to target any new mailboxes that are added between the synchronizations. For every newly added mailbox, Folder Sync sets the Selected value to True in the mailbox database table.
If you select this option before Folder Sync has performed its first scheduled synchronization, Folder Sync also sets the Selected value to True for all existing Office 365 mailboxes. Scheduled synchronizations target all existing mailboxes in addition to any newly added ones.
If you select this option after Folder Sync has performed its first scheduled synchronization, Folder Sync does not change the Selected value for existing mailboxes. Only newly added mailboxes are targeted automatically.
Do not select the Auto Select New Mailboxes option unless you have sufficient Folder Sync licenses for the provisioned Personal.cloud users in your Office 365 environment.
Concurrent Mailboxes: Select the number of threads to use for concurrent mailbox synchronizations. The default value of 30 is recommended for most configurations.
Test Connection: When you have entered all of the configuration information, click Test Connection to test whether Folder Sync can make the connection to your Enterprise Vault.cloud company with the supplied details.
- When you have successfully tested the connection, click OK.