Enterprise Vault.cloud™ Folder Sync 1.12 Administration Guide
- Requirements for Folder Sync
- Preparing the service accounts
- Installing and configuring Folder Sync
- Running and scheduling Folder Sync synchronizations
- Performing a "Run Now" Folder Sync synchronization
- Monitoring and managing Folder Sync
- Troubleshooting Folder Sync
Troubleshooting occasional timeouts of the Folder Sync service
If the Folder Sync host server is slightly underpowered you may experience occasional timeouts of the ArchiveTools Folder Sync service.
An error such as the following may be received:
Windows could not start the ArchiveTools Folder Sync service on Local Computer. Error 1053: The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion.
To help to avoid a time out of the service in this situation, you can set a Windows registry value on the host server as follows.
To troubleshoot occasional timeouts of the Folder Sync service
- Start the Windows registry editor on the Folder Sync host server.
- Locate the following registry subkey:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \SYSTEM \CurrentControlSet \Control
- Under this subkey, edit or create the following DWORD value: ServicesPipeTimeout.
Give ServicesPipeTimeout a decimal value of 180000.
- Exit from the registry editor.
- You must restart the host server to apply this change.