Veritas Access Solutions Guide for NetBackup
- Veritas Access integration with NetBackup
- System requirements
- Configuring Veritas Data Deduplication with Veritas Access
- Migrating the NetBackup images from existing storage to Veritas Data Deduplication storage
- Configuring Veritas Access as a cloud storage server with NetBackup CloudCatalyst
- Configuring backup and restore using NetBackup policies
- Configuring Veritas Access with the NetBackup client
About Veritas Data Deduplication
Veritas Access is integrated with a duplication engine which is based on Media Server Deduplication Pool (MSDP) technology for storing backup data. The storage server component of Veritas Data Deduplication runs on the Veritas Access nodes with high availability in active/passive mode. The deduplication plug-in of the NetBackup media server does segmentation and finger printing of the backup data and sends the deduplicated data to Veritas Access. The Veritas Data Deduplication storage server stores and manages the deduplicated data. The deduplication storage server provides high availability to protect against storage, node, and network failures. It supports client direct as well as media server deduplication configurations.
All storage that is provisioned for Veritas Data Deduplication is displayed as a single storage pool on NetBackup.
The Veritas Data Deduplication feature is not supported on the Oracle Linux platform.
To use the Veritas Data Deduplication service, you need to get an add-on license. The deduplication functionality is licensed separately and is generated based on your requirement.