Veritas Access Solutions Guide for NetBackup
- Veritas Access integration with NetBackup
- System requirements
- Configuring Veritas Data Deduplication with Veritas Access
- Migrating the NetBackup images from existing storage to Veritas Data Deduplication storage
- Configuring Veritas Access as a cloud storage server with NetBackup CloudCatalyst
- Configuring backup and restore using NetBackup policies
- Configuring Veritas Access with the NetBackup client
About Veritas Access as backup storage for NetBackup
This document describes how Veritas Access fulfills the needs of NetBackup customers looking for a cost-effective solution for moving away from tape backups, yet retain the backed-up data for the long term.
NetBackup is an enterprise-class heterogeneous backup and recovery application. It provides cross-platform backup functionality to a large variety of Windows, UNIX, and Linux operating systems.
Veritas Access is based on the rock-solid and industry-proven Veritas CFS stack. It offers an AWS-compatible S3 protocol as object storage for NetBackup.
Veritas Access is integrated with OpenDedup. OpenDedup is OpenSource software that lets you deduplicate your data to on-premises or cloud storage. OpenDedup installs on top of a NetBackup media server or Veritas Access; it performs data deduplication and stores deduplicated data on Veritas Access over S3.