Veritas Access Solutions Guide for NetBackup
- Veritas Access integration with NetBackup
- System requirements
- Configuring Veritas Data Deduplication with Veritas Access
- Migrating the NetBackup images from existing storage to Veritas Data Deduplication storage
- Configuring Veritas Access as a cloud storage server with NetBackup CloudCatalyst
- Configuring backup and restore using NetBackup policies
- Configuring Veritas Access with the NetBackup client
Performing a backup or restore of a snapshot
Using the NetBackup Administration Console, a NetBackup administrator can perform a backup or restore of a snapshot.
Veritas Access as a NetBackup client supports the VxFS_Checkpoint snapshot method. See the Veritas NetBackup Snapshot Client Administrator's Guide for more information on configuring snapshot policies.
To perform a backup of a snapshot
- Using the NetBackup Administration Console, start a snapshot backup.
The snapshot triggered by the NetBackup job can be seen from the CLI.
Storage> snapshot list
To perform a restore of a snapshot
- Using the NetBackup Administration Console, navigate to Backup, Archive, and Restore.
- Click the Restore Files tab.
- Click the Restore option.
- Specify the directory location for performing the restore operation.