Veritas Access Solutions Guide for NetBackup
- Veritas Access integration with NetBackup
- System requirements
- Configuring Veritas Data Deduplication with Veritas Access
- Migrating the NetBackup images from existing storage to Veritas Data Deduplication storage
- Configuring Veritas Access as a cloud storage server with NetBackup CloudCatalyst
- Configuring backup and restore using NetBackup policies
- Configuring Veritas Access with the NetBackup client
Configuring a Veritas Data Deduplication storage unit on NetBackup
To create a storage server on NetBackup
- Log on to the NetBackup master server from the Java console.
- Select Configure Disk Storage Servers.
- The Welcome to Storage Server Configuration wizard appears. Select OpenStorage. Click Next.
- In the Add Storage Server form, enter the required information.
Select the media server from the Media server drop-down box.
Enter the storage server type as PureDisk.
Enter the IP address of the storage server configured on the Veritas Access cluster.
Before you enter the IP address, run the dedupe> show command on the Veritas Access command-line interface to get the IP address of the storage server. If you want to use a host name for the storage server instead of an IP address, ensure that it is resolvable to the IP address configured for the deduplication storage server with DNS.
Enter your credentials that you created when you configured Veritas Data Deduplication.