Veritas Access Solutions Guide for NetBackup
- Veritas Access integration with NetBackup
- System requirements
- Configuring Veritas Data Deduplication with Veritas Access
- Migrating the NetBackup images from existing storage to Veritas Data Deduplication storage
- Configuring Veritas Access as a cloud storage server with NetBackup CloudCatalyst
- Configuring backup and restore using NetBackup policies
- Configuring Veritas Access with the NetBackup client
Configure Veritas Access as a cloud storage server on NetBackup server using CloudCatalyst
To configure the Veritas Access cluster as a cloud storage server and create an OpenStorage Technology (OST) disk pool and storage unit (STU) from the NetBackup console
- Log on to the NetBackup master server from the Java console.
- Select Configure Cloud Storage Servers.
- The Welcome to cloud storage server configuration wizard appears. Click Next.
- Select Veritas Access in the cloud provider list. Click Next.
- On the Add storage server form, click on Add Cloud Storage.
- In the Add cloud storage wizard, enter the required information.
Service host: s3.<veritas_access_cluster_name>
HTTP port: 8143
HTTPS port: 8143
Storage server Name: Any string or any auto-generated name.
For example, my-s3.<veritas_access_cluster_name>
If DNS is not configured, you have to add an entry in the
/etc/hostsfile on the NetBackup master server and the CloudCatalyst media server.
- Select Media server from the Media server name drop-down box. Select the Enable NetBackup CloudCatalyst check box if you want to store the deduplicated MSDP backup data on Veritas Access's ObjectAccess bucket. Specify the path of the local cache directory for CloudCatalyst. Enter the access key and secret key using which you created the bucket is on Veritas Access. For SSL-related settings, click on Advance Settings.
- If the Veritas Access ObjectAccess server is configured with No SSL, then clear the Use SSL check box and click Ok.
To enable SSL, See Enabling SSL on Veritas Access.