Veritas Access Solutions Guide for NetBackup
- Veritas Access integration with NetBackup
- System requirements
- Configuring Veritas Data Deduplication with Veritas Access
- Migrating the NetBackup images from existing storage to Veritas Data Deduplication storage
- Configuring Veritas Access as a cloud storage server with NetBackup CloudCatalyst
- Configuring backup and restore using NetBackup policies
- Configuring Veritas Access with the NetBackup client
Registering a NetBackup master server or adding an optional media server
You register the NetBackup master server so that it can communicate with Veritas Access. If necessary, you can reset the values of the NetBackup master server to its default configurations. You can optionally add a media server.
The NetBackup master server can be the NetBackup media server, but it is not mandatory that the NetBackup master server be the NetBackup media server. In production environments, the NetBackup media server is separate from the NetBackup master server.
See the backup_netbackup(1) man page for detailed examples.
To register the NetBackup master server with Veritas Access
- Register the NetBackup master server with Veritas Access.
Backup> netbackup master-server set server
To reset the value for the NetBackup master server
- Reset the value for the NetBackup master server.
Backup> netbackup master-server reset
To add an optional NetBackup media server
- Add an optional NetBackup media server.
If the NetBackup master server is also acting as a NetBackup media server, then add the NetBackup media server using the NetBackup master server hostname.
Backup> netbackup media-sever add FQDN of master server
To delete an already configured NetBackup media server
- Delete an already configured NetBackup media server.
Backup> netbackup media-server delete server