Veritas Access Solutions Guide for NetBackup
- Veritas Access integration with NetBackup
- System requirements
- Configuring Veritas Data Deduplication with Veritas Access
- Migrating the NetBackup images from existing storage to Veritas Data Deduplication storage
- Configuring Veritas Access as a cloud storage server with NetBackup CloudCatalyst
- Configuring backup and restore using NetBackup policies
- Configuring Veritas Access with the NetBackup client
About NetBackup snapshot methods
NetBackup can create different types of snapshots. Each snapshot type that you configure in NetBackup is called a snapshot method. Snapshot methods enable NetBackup to create snapshots within the storage stack (such as the file system) where the data resides. When the data resides in a file system, NetBackup can use a file system method, depending on the client operating system and the file system type.
You select the snapshot method in the backup policy as explained in the Veritas NetBackup Snapshot Client Administrator's Guide.
When using Veritas Access with NetBackup, select the VxFS_Checkpoint snapshot method. The checkpoint feature is not supported on a scale-out file system.