Veritas Access Solutions Guide for NetBackup
- Veritas Access integration with NetBackup
- System requirements
- Configuring Veritas Data Deduplication with Veritas Access
- Migrating the NetBackup images from existing storage to Veritas Data Deduplication storage
- Configuring Veritas Access as a cloud storage server with NetBackup CloudCatalyst
- Configuring backup and restore using NetBackup policies
- Configuring Veritas Access with the NetBackup client
Displaying the status of NetBackup services
Use the backup commands to display the status of the NetBackup services.
See the following man pages for detailed examples:
To display NetBackup services
- Display the current NetBackup services.
If the settings were configured while the backup and the restore services were online, they may not be in use by Veritas Access. To display all of the configured settings, first run the Backup> stop command, then run the Backup> start command.
To display the status of backup services
- Display the status of backup services.
If the NetBackup server is started and online, then Backup> status displays any on-going backup or restore jobs.
To start or stop backup services
- Start the backup services.
Backup> start [nodename]
You can also change the status of a virtual IP address to online after it has been configured using the Backup> virtual-ip command. This command applies to any currently active node in the cluster that handles backup and restore jobs.
- Stop the backup services.
You can also change the status of a virtual IP address to offline after it has been configured using the Backup> virtual-ip command.