Veritas Access Solutions Guide for NetBackup
- Veritas Access integration with NetBackup
- System requirements
- Configuring Veritas Data Deduplication with Veritas Access
- Migrating the NetBackup images from existing storage to Veritas Data Deduplication storage
- Configuring Veritas Access as a cloud storage server with NetBackup CloudCatalyst
- Configuring backup and restore using NetBackup policies
- Configuring Veritas Access with the NetBackup client
Add-on license for using Veritas Data Deduplication
In addition to the base license, you can also procure an add-on license to use the Veritas Data Deduplication service. The deduplication functionality is licensed separately and is generated based on your requirement. The add-on deduplication license is applied when the base license key is present and is associated with both capacity and time period. The validity of the add-on license may be different from the base license.
The add-on license can also be purchased together with the base Veritas Access license. The new license includes the base license (Per-TB) along with the deduplication license.
If you already have a valid Veritas Access license, and you want to upgrade to Veritas Access 7.4.2, you can procure the add-on deduplication license, or you can purchase the combined license with the Per-TB license along with deduplication.
You can install your license key using the Veritas Access command-line interface or the Veritas Access GUI.
Even if you have installed the add-on deduplication license, the licensing reports display only the base licensing information. All the functionalities are also with respect to the base key only.
If you have installed either the add-on deduplication license or the combined base license with deduplication, you can see the information on the deduplication license using the following command that displays all the valid licenses installed on your system.