Veritas Access Solutions Guide for NetBackup
- Veritas Access integration with NetBackup
- System requirements
- Configuring Veritas Data Deduplication with Veritas Access
- Migrating the NetBackup images from existing storage to Veritas Data Deduplication storage
- Configuring Veritas Access as a cloud storage server with NetBackup CloudCatalyst
- Configuring backup and restore using NetBackup policies
- Configuring Veritas Access with the NetBackup client
Configuring the virtual name of NetBackup
You can either configure the virtual name for the NetBackup master server, or you can reset the value to its default or unconfigured state.
See the backup_virtual-name(1) man page for detailed examples.
To set or reset the NetBackup virtual name
- Set or reset the NetBackup virtual name.
For setting the virtual name:
Backup> virtual-name set name
For resetting the virtual name:
Backup> virtual-name reset
Make sure that name can be resolved through DNS, and its IP address can be resolved back to name through the DNS reverse lookup. Also, make sure that name resolves to an IP address that is configured by using the Backup> virtual-ip command.