Veritas Access Solutions Guide for NetBackup
- Veritas Access integration with NetBackup
- System requirements
- Configuring Veritas Data Deduplication with Veritas Access
- Migrating the NetBackup images from existing storage to Veritas Data Deduplication storage
- Configuring Veritas Access as a cloud storage server with NetBackup CloudCatalyst
- Configuring backup and restore using NetBackup policies
- Configuring Veritas Access with the NetBackup client
Configuring Veritas Data Deduplication using the GUI
To configure Veritas Data Deduplication
- Log on to the Veritas Access application.
The Getting Started with Access Appliance page is displayed.
Click Provision Storage with Veritas Data Deduplication.
- By default, the Configure Storage tab is displayed.
Create a storage pool, modify disk selections for the pool as required, and then click Configure Storage.
By default, all the available disks are selected for the pool.
When you create a Veritas Data Deduplication storage pool, you need to use five disks or volumes. You add disks or volumes in multiples of five.
- The storage pool gets configured. Click Next.
- Under the Activate Policy tab, select the Veritas Data Deduplication policy, and then click Activate Policy.
- The Veritas Data Deduplication policy is activated. Click Next.
- Specify the storage options, enter the user name and password for the service, enter a virtual IP for the service, and then click Provision Storage.
You are required to enter the following fields:
Size: Specify the size of the file system.
Veritas recommends that you grow the deduplication storage pool to a maximum supported size of 960 TiB.
Starting with the 18.104.22.1680 release, you can grow the deduplication storage pool to a maximum supported size of 1.24 PiB.
Virtual IP address: The virtual IP that you want to use to configure the Veritas Data Deduplication server. This IP should not be the console IP, replication IP, NetBackup client IP, or the loadbalancer IP. If you use any of these IPs to configure deduplication, storage provisioning fails.
Run the Network> ipaddress show command from the Access command-line interface to find an available virtual IP address. Or navigate to NAS Infrastructure > Nodes in the Access GUI, and click on the node name to see the virtual IP address.
If a virtual IP is not available to configure the Veritas Data Deduplication server, you should add at least one virtual IP to the cluster using the Access command-line interface.
Username and password: Credentials with which the Veritas Data Deduplication server gets configured.
The same credentials are required later to add the Veritas Data Deduplication server to NetBackup.
- The storage provisioning is now complete.
View the Recent Activity panel for the status of the task.